Shridevi Institute of Engineering and Technology (SIET), Tumakuru, Karnataka is affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belagavi, Karnataka, and is approved by AICTE New Delhi. Shridevi Institute of Engineering and Technology is a brainchild of Honorable Dr. M. R. Hulinaykar, (Chairman and Managing Trustee, SCT, Tumakuru). He is the President of Sri Shridevi Charitable Trust (R.), which is running 12 Institutions under various streams of education. His love for education and care for his native district manifested itself in the form of this college.
SIET was established in the year 2002 with the sole aim to impart quality Technical Education. It is approved by AICTE and affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belagavi Karnataka state and presently offers undergraduate and postgraduate Programmes with annual intake of 345 and 84 respectively.
At present, College offers 7 Under-Graduate Programmes, 4 Post Graduate Programmes and 4 Ph.D. Research Programmes – covering “Engineering and Technology” and “Management” streams. Since 2006, 17+ Batches of Engineering students have successfully passed out and many of our students have pursued their higher studies in India or abroad and have well settled in their life.
Envisioning Shridevi Institute of Engineering and Technology as a world class organization meeting Global standards where students acquire the knowledge and skills as per the NEP 2020 to be successful as they continue their education at the Institute and enter the competitive workforce.
- To pursue excellence in academic knowledge, skills, and behavior for each student, resulting in measured improvement against local, national and world-class standards.
- To promote the development of the institute’s teaching and learning activities through the stimulation of excellence in teaching and the enhancement of student’s independent learning skills.
- To create a conducive environment for optimal Student Recruitment, Highest Student Retention, Maximum Campus Growth and Excellent Human Capital Development.
Shridevi Institute of Engineering and Technology strives to excel in imparting quality education inculcated with ethical, moral and spiritual values to engineering and management students to make them globally competitive.
- To Strive hard for academic excellence
- To achieve maximum placements and to promote entrepreneurship development through proper training and awareness programmes
- To enhance the industry institute interaction
- To promote and to encourage R and D activities
- To Synergise Spiritual and Moral Values
Programs Offered at SIET
APPROVAL and AFFILIATION
Shridevi Institute of Engineering and Technology, Tumakuru is approved by All India Council for technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi and Directorate of Technical Education (DTE) Bengaluru. All the degree Programmes in Engineering offered by the institute are affiliated to Visvesvaraya Technological University.