The main purpose of Fluid Mechanics and Machines lab is perform force analysis of fluids on different vanes, determine co-efficient of discharge orifice meter, nozzle, analyse the effect of friction on fluids and determine co efficient of friction of fluids flowing in pipes.
Performance and efficiency of reciprocating and centrifugal pumps are studied. Functioning of air compressor and blower are also studied in the lab.
- Coefficient of Friction in Pipes Apparatus
- Determination of Force Developed by Impact of Jets on Vanes
- Flow Measuring Devices – Orifice Plate, Flow Nozzle, V-notch
- Reciprocating Pump
- Multi-stage Centrifugal Pump
- Two-stage Reciprocating Air-compressor
- Francis Turbine
- Pelton Wheel Turbine