The Department of Mechanical Engineering was established during the year 2004. Presently, the Department is offering two academic programs, one is a UG Program leading to BE in Mechanical Engineering and the other is a research program leading to Ph D in various specialized areas of Mechanical Engineering, The Department consists of well furnished classrooms and well equipped laboratories with state-of-the-art facilities.
The Department also consists of well qualified, well experienced, devoted and dedicated faculty members. Right from its inception, the department is functioning with an aim to produce quality engineers in the area of Mechanical Engineering to suit needs of the modern industries and also to become entrepreneurs. The teaching methodology is planned to provide sound domain knowledge and also to develop the necessary skills.
To strive to equip the essential knowledge and skills in students and transform them as competent mechanical engineers who can:
- Contribute to meet complex demands of modern industries
- Utilize their expertise to turn out to be entrepreneurs.
- To incorporate innovative pedagogical techniques in the instructional process to provide sound domain knowledge in mechanical engineering
- To provide congenial atmosphere to promote academic research based on social needs
- To Provide the facilities and environment conducive to develop creativity, critical thinking, analytical skills, problem solving skills, etc